Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thursday Stampin' Time! #2: Smile With Me

In today's Stampin' Time, we make a Spring inspired card featuring a colorful floral wreath embellished with ribbon and rhinestone accents.

Using ordinary painter's tape, parchment paper, and a Spellbinders Nestabilities Die Cut Set I created a negative stamping mask.  So, the entire card base was covered with the masking except for the flower petal shape in the center.


I then stamped the sentiment in the center of that and followed that up with tiny floral and leaf stamps found in the Martha Stewart Crafts Clear Stamps - Flowers, Butterflies, "Thank You" and "Happy Birthday" Stamp set. This set includes a wide variety of flower buds, leaves, butterflies and small floral bundles.  I received the stamp set as a bonus when I purchased the Martha Stewart Crafts Frame Border Punch Starter Kit with Clear Stamp Set


I used Ranger Distress Mini Ink Kits, in a variety of colors pictured below.  The sentiment and the butterflies are stamped using Ranger AIP-31468 Archival Inkpad, Jet Black .


Because I had the leftover positive stamping masked I adhered it to another card base and created this second card using the same stamping technique except I used Clearsnap ColorBox Pigment Petal Point Option Inkpad 8-Color, Pinwheel.


These cards were inspired by a card tutorial I watched by K Werner Design.  

Thanks for visiting! 
Let's Connect: YouTubeFacebook page, Instagram and Twitter! :D
  

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty cards! They have a very Springy feel much needed after the freezing and snowy Winter we have endured.

    ReplyDelete

Let's get this party started! Leave a comment and share this post!